Getting facial fillers to improve appearance: Know all about them here
Cosmetic surgery is popular now more than ever in India. More and more people are choosing to spend money to improve their appearance. And why not? With appearance being such an important factor to ensure success in life (job, marriage, etc.), there is no reason why advancements in medical technology should not be used to ensure that one looks good. Facial fillers are an important part of cosmetology science. They are used for a variety of reasons such as to smooth out lines and wrinkles on the skin, to smoothen out pits and scars that may have arisen due to a skin infection, or to make the lips appear a lot fuller than they are.
Types of facial fillers available
There are quite a few varieties available commonly. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Juvederm: This is a frequently used facial filler. It is a naturally occurring substance and therefore the chances of infection or risks are far lesser. It provides hydration and volume to the skin and is used very effectively to temporarily smoothen out the lines and wrinkles that give away a person’s age so easily. The best thing about Juvederm and the reason why it is so popular is that since it is made up of a cross-link gel, its effects are pretty long-lasting. You can expect the treatment to last for anything between 12 to 18 months.
- Restylane: This is another facial filler that is very popular among people who want to smoothen out the outward texture of their skin. This bio-degradable and non-animal filler is great for adding volume to the skin. Tiny injections are used to inject the filler. If you have lots of wrinkles and fine lines around the mouth and the eyes, this may be a great thing for you. The best thing about it is that it is being used by practitioners for a long time and its results are very positive.
- Collagen: Though this is a little lesser-known, proponents love it for its high efficacy in smoothening out the lines that showcase age so openly. It comes from animal sources and it can be injected in various parts of the body. It eventually gets absorbed by the body as well.
- Radiesse: Prepared from calcium hydroxyapatite, this synthetic facial filler is really great for those who have very prominent lines and wrinkles. If you are in a similar situation, this can be a wonderful option because the effects last longer too.
- Hylaform: This is another facial filler used to treat people who have moderate to severe lines and wrinkles on the face. It is a great idea to do so if you want to have smoother skin on a temporary basis.
Getting facial fillers in India
Cosmetic surgery is a fast-growing sector in India and there are some really excellent clinics and doctors practicing with high levels of success. If you are interested in going under the knife to improve your appearance, a good way to start would be to go for a facial filler treatment because it is non-invasive. With such a variety of fillers available, it may be a tough decision to choose the one that will be suitable for you. That is why you should speak to your cosmetic surgeon before going for any one of them because he will be the best person to let you know about what you can expect. It can be said that facial filler injections are very safe and their effects have been reported to be highly positive.