Laser Skin Treatment: Effectiveness in Skin Rejuvenation, Hair Removal & Tattoo Removal
A wide range of skin problems, disease and conditions require non-invasive and non-surgical processes. In this respect, skin lasers greatly facilitate as they can effectively cure conditions like melasma or pigmentation, open pores of skin, and eliminate cosmetic developments such as wrinkles, frowning lines, signs of aging, vascular skin lesions, etc. Laser treatment as well benefits in removing tattoos, skin lightening or brightening, and others.
Photorejuvenation or skin Laser treatment, involves usage of different LIGHTS which influentially cure the abovementioned conditions and diseases. Photoaging is understood to be an underlying cause for majority of such conditions which occurs due to pacified skin aging. This aging is an outcome of skin’s excessive exposure to UV rays, or the sunlight. In other words, when the skin ages on hands, neck, ears or face all due to UV rays, we call it Photoaging.
Cosmetic Skin Laser Variants:
Some prime variants of cosmetic skin laser are as under:
- The process in which lasers are penetrated below the epidermal are identified as v Ablative Lasers while when there are not penetrated so, they are called v Non-ablative Lasers.
- Laser sub-types and their properties given below are worth a view:
- Talking about ablative lasers, warts, acne, skin scars, deep wrinkles, etc. are best treated with CO2 or carbon dioxide lasers. They can additionally be used for curing feet corns, skin spoiled in sun, skin pigmentation issues and moles. However, CO2 lasers may bring hyper or hypo-pigmentation as a side effect and therefore it is not good for people with active acne.
- Erbium Laser is another category in the ablative laser family and is best to treat moles, pigmentation, fine aging lines, sun damage, and wrinkles. They are particularly good for people having a dark complexion but their side-effect may emerge in the form of bruising, swelling or redness.
- In Non-ablative Laser category, PDL, abbreviated for Pulsed Dye Laser, is a chief technique. It is understood to be best for treating broken capillaries, lines and wrinkles around eyes, spider veins, Rosacea, vascular lesions, and to remove stretch marks. Person undertaking PDL may experience few side-effects like momentary pigmentation and bruising.
- Nd: Yag Laser is another variant of non-ablative lasers which is used to cure skin pigmentation and spider veins, and for removing tattoos, hair, and in skin rejuvenation. Success of ratio of this procedure is less as compared to others.
- Alexandrite laser is used for laser hair and tattoo removal, and to treat leg veins.
If you are planning to get a laser treatment, list of various side-effects on skin causing due to Lasers can be created. Here are some predominant ones:
- After the conventional ablative laser procedure, the patient may experience swelling, redness, itching, etc because the laser treated portion on skin may remain raw for a long time.
- Laser procedure is most likely to be painful. Doctors may apply one of the topical anesthetics before the cosmetic laser treatment starts so as to lessen the pain during and after the laser procedure.
- Certain noteworthy alterations in skin pigmentation can be seen. Cosmetic lasers are especially better for patients with a lighter skin tone however they are also used for people with a dark toned tension. A few laser skins procedures initially intensify the darkness of pigmented spots and then gradually change their color for better.
You can see any of the above procedures, like eyelid surgery, lacrimal, skin lasers, cosmetic surgery, facial plastic surgery, etc being done at Dr. Debraj Shome’s clinic. This is a great facility, especially for those who are in India as they can set aside all the hassles of traveling abroad, moreover, they save a lot of investment.