Treatment and Remedies from Seborrheic Dermatitis & Scalp Dandruff
A lot of people see dandruff as the number one cause behind hair fall. But it is worth knowing that majority of men and women are affected by dandruff at least once in their lifetime. This most usual skin condition can crop at any age in the scalp region. When dandruff occurs, the dead skin cells on scalp are casted off and it may further lead to flaking which is either restrained or spreads in a larger portion. This flaking can be chronic or it may also be an offshoot of some incitement.
Effect of dandruff gets visible in varied forms – itchiness in scalp, white flakes, reddishness, irritation or most shockingly, hair loss. Dandruff goes on to affect other areas too like ears, eyebrows, beard, nose and even the chest hair. The skin condition, commonly known as dandruff, is also identified by other names such as seborrheic dermatitis, sebopsoriasis, eczema, and pityriasis capitis.
Some Remedies for Dandruff
Dandruff can be the reason of low esteem for some people as they see it a hindrance to their social life; it may well be the cause of other psychological problems. The condition notably worsens in winter and hence, needs adequate treatment.
Experts don’t see any specific reasons behind dandruff. However, they mention some possible causes like increase in usual skin yeasts, oil production and secretion, etc underlying dandruff. This means oiling the hair, particularly after a bath, is not a good idea and is opposite to the conventionally popular belief!
Dandruff is also transmittable but it is more of an issue related to bad sanitation, undisciplined shampooing routine or inappropriate hair wash. A bad immune too contributes dandruff but the effect may be short lived. However, individuals suffering from severe ailments like HIV, AIDS or Parkinson’s are worst impacted.
How is dandruff diagnosed?
By looking at the scalp flakes and analyzing the initial appearances of it, physicians diagnose dandruff. This condition gets spotted with preliminary examination and requires extensive tests in rare cases calling for elaborate examination. These tests may include skin biopsy, skin scraping, or blood test and microscopic evaluation.
Biopsy in this case is sought only to eliminate the chances of stern skin conditions, lupus, psoriasis, etc.
Is dandruff manageable? How to cure it?
- Experts suggest people to employ antidandruff cleansers for shampoos and to use only such lotions and creams which are anti-inflammatory.
- Skin specialists stress on a regular shampooing and cleansing schedule for maintaining good hair. They also advocate using only high quality hair care products and maintaining perfect health.
- Dandruff can also be controlled and cured through proper diet which comprises pro hair foods.
When dandruff is more than ruthless, QR 678 injections may be the best alternative medication but only under prescription. An experienced demonologist has the answers when none of the above is working and the condition is exacerbating.
To see a video of a patient treated with the QR 678 hair growth factor injections, by Dr. Debraj Shome:
- Some commonly suggested medications to dandruff are worth a view:
- Different kinds of shampoos such as Ciclopirox (Loprox), Ketaconazole (Nizoral), Clobetasol (Clobex) and Flucinolone acetonide (Capex) are seen effective on dandruff.
- When a person is affected with itchy sensation and inflammation, cortisone shampoos favorably work. There are specific corticosteroids which alleviate the burning because of their vigorous action against popular over the counter lotions or drugs.
- Egg oil and coal tar too are some of the advised treatments for dandruff but again, expert view should be taken.
Skincare experts or dermatologists feel that dandruff is a usual process and so it cannot be eliminated entirely; people got to control it through medicated shampoos and antifungal lotions or drugs. Cortisone shampoos have an outstanding success rate in curing dandruff. Experts also advocate consultation in mild or harsh matters, before adopting a medication.
Dr. Debraj Shome is one of the top / best plastic surgeons in India. A celebrity facial plastic plastic surgeon to many Hollywood, Bollywood, Page 3 celebrities, he is in Mumbai, India at Saifee Hospital, Girgaon, Mumbai; Nova Specialty Hospital, Chembur, Mumbai & Holy Family Hospital, Bandra, Mumbai. Internationally trained in the USA, UK, Germany and Singapore, Dr. Shome has received super-specialty training in facial plastic surgery,oculoplastic surgery, eyelid surgery, orbital and lacrimal surgery. He is one of the few Indian surgeons listed on Wikipedia.